Search This Blog

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Natural Light, or Lack Thereof...

I just tried to take a picture of those lovely iolites I put together last night. There are 2 pairs of earrings and a wirewrapped Trefoil (3 leaf)  iolite pendant on a really funky rectangular link chain. As I normally do, I headed onto the front balcony to take advantage of the natural sunlight. Problem being, it's November here on Canada's West Coast, which means we will only see the sun and clear blue sky for brief and unanticipated periods until, say....April! 

I exaggerate (but only a little) for effect. However, the problem remains that these lovely stones have ended up looking (as I just Tweeted) like they were shot through a layer of Vaseline and filth! I guess it's time to look up those directions again about how to make a lightbox at home...

2 comments:

  1. I am having the same problem out here. If you don't have a mac, I love photoscape, which is a free picture editor that works wonders. It can make the photo look like it was taken in perfect lighting. I haven't found a program that works quite as well for my mac.

    ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shhhh...I use a PC. The newest pictures that I listed were shot through my front window at the brightest time of day, and they came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete